Your Netball Club Community
Get Involved With Your Local Netball Club
At Raiders Netball Club, we are always on the lookout for new players, coaches, umpires, helpers, committee members or just general volunteers. It’s the people who are involved with the club that create the community that we have at Raiders. Together, we all make the club a place to belong to.
Opportunites For Parents
Throughout the year there are a variety of opportunities for parents to be involved with Raiders Netball Club. The club as a whole benefits greatly from the support of our parents and we are thankful for your involvement with Raiders. Some of the opportunites below are once a year opportunities and contribute to our netball club fundraising, others are more regular. We hope you can find an opportunity that fits with your family to help support our netball club.
- BBQ Roster – Major fund raising event, once or twice a season. Parents are asked to help on the roster for a short period of time whilst the games are being played on Saturday. This is a requirement of the RNA.
- Scoring – Throughout the season, parents are asked to assist with scoring for their child’s game, as needed. Usually, each game has one parent from each team recording the score.
- Team Manager – This person is required to manage the team during the year, organising the rosters, etc.
- Committee – The committee positions are volunteer positions filled by willing parents. The committee is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the club.
- Coaching & Umpiring – The club provides all training and arranges accreditation for those interested in taking on a coaching or umpiring position. These are great opportunites for some of the senior players to develop their leadership skills and abilities.
- Fundraising Events – There are various fundraising events throughout the year for parents to be involved in such as Bunnings BBQ’s, trivia nights, raffles and more.
Coaching and Umpiring For Our Netball Club
If you are interested in coaching netball or umpiring netball, Raiders can assist you in conjunction with the RNA. The input from parents is greatly appreciated with both coaching and umpiring and positions also exist for senior netball club players to learn the necessary skills to coach a younger team and to become a junior umpire.
The RNA, in association with Netball Queensland, provides the Rules of Netball Theory Examination online to assess a person’s knowledge of the rules of netball. This is a requirement for all Raiders Netball Club representative players, representative and club coaches and umpires. The course takes about an hour to complete and there is a small cost involved. All our coaches, at all levels, have completed this foundational course. Further courses are available to coach and umpire at an elite level.
Child saftey is important to us and we can assist with arranging a current blue card, as required, for all coaches and umpires.
The Redlands Netball Association (RNA) provides coaching development workshops that meet the national coaching accreditation requirements. These coaching workshops are usually held twice during the year, and provide the necessary foundational training for anyone who is interested in coaching a team.
The workshops are aimed at different levels, starting with the foundational course to prepare all coaches to begin with their team.
Coaches need to be over 16 years of age, hold a current blue card (if over 18 years) and complete the coaching accreditation course, which varies depending on the age of children being coached.
Netball Queensland provides online courses for those wishing to become involved with umpiring netball. The umpires primary role is to keep the game safe, fun and fair for everyone. Umpiring provides an opportunity for personal growth for senior players who are looking to develop their leadership skills and their knowledge of netball.
At Raiders Netball Club, junior umpires are mentored by more senior umpires and provided with the support needed to gain their confidence and develop thier skills.
Interested in Coaching or Umpiring Netball?
For more information about coaching or umpiring at Raiders Netball Club, please get in touch.
Community Sponsorship Packages
If you would like to financially support Raiders Netball Club, we would appreciate your support. If the packages below don’t suit you we would be happy to discuss a different option with you. Please contact our treasurer to discuss.
Raiders Netball Club Sponsors
We are grateful to all our sponsors and supporters for their help throughout the year and perhaps you may consider supporting their local business in return.
We earned $233.64 in credit from rebel this quarter!
A huge thanks to all our members who have supported our club and purchased at rebel over the past few months. We are pleased to announce that rebel has rewarded our club with $ in credit which has been used to purchase … for our club.
Remember to join rebel active and link your account to our club next time you are instore so our club continues to earn credit. Thanks for your support.
Raiders Netball Club greatly appreciates it!